7 Tips to Plan a Successful Road Trip
Here at Rawhide Harley-Davidson we want you to have a safe, enjoyable tour on your motorcycle this summer. Whether you’re a first time rider or a veteran of the highway, you can always learn a few things from fellow motorcyclists. Here are seven tips from the most experienced riders in the Overland Park and Lenexa, KS area here at Rawhide Harley-Davidson– maybe some of them will work for you!
Road Trip Tips
Now is the best time to plan your long summer ride. Whether you’re hitting a specific rally or just headed out for a few days of cruising, you’ll want to take a look at our carefully compiled tips – you might learn something!
- Take care of maintenance FIRST! If your bike is overdue for some attention, you don’t want to have to worry about finding a certified Harley-Davidson service center on unfamiliar turf. Let our service team here at Rawhide Harley-Davidson make sure that your bike is in perfect working order before you hit the road. You can schedule a service appointment online now.
- Read the Manual. Simply put, there are some useful bits of information in your manual. For example, you should make sure that you don’t exceed the weight limit on your bike when it’s loaded down with all your gear. You might also learn some helpful tips about features you didn’t even know your bike has!
- Adjust tire pressure and suspension. Generally you adjust your suspension and tire pressure when you load up the bike with gear to accommodate the extra weight.
- Pack smart. Ask yourself important questions about what you really need to bring. Lighter is better, but that doesn’t mean you can’t bring everything you need. For example, instead of bringing the whole tool kit and a pocket knife, consider consolidating to a multi-tool. If you’re traveling with others, consider sharing some gear or supplies.
- Know your gear. Anytime you’re traveling you should be well acquainted with the clothing, equipment, and gear you’re bringing with. Never take your bike out for a long tour before you get to know what you’re bringing along. Never head out for a week in brand new shoes. Know how to set up your tent before you have to do it in the dark in the rain. The list goes on.
- Prepare for anything. Carry a small first aid kid, warm clothes, basic tools, a cellphone, and anything else you might need that could get you out of a jam in the middle of nowhere.
Visit Rawhide Harley-Davidson
Stop by our dealership at 725 N. Rawhide Rd. in Olathe, KS if you need to find your next Harley-Davidson bike or if your current bike needs service before your summer road trip. Stop by today or contact us with any questions!